Winter Hill Neighborhood Plan
After two years of community process, the Planning Board voted to adopt the plan at the public meeting on November 3, 2016.
A PDF version is available for download or online reading here: Winter Hill Neighborhood Plan PDF
A printed copy can also be purchased for $20 at City Hall.
- Winter Hill Better Block 2015
- Visioning Meeting September 29 2014 (PDF)
- Winter Hill Charrette Presentation October 27 2014 (PDF)
- Winter Hill Plan Meeting June 2 2015 (PDF)
- Public Review Draft May 2016
Central Broadway Streetscape Improvements
The Central Broadway Streetscape Improvements Project will evaluate existing and future transportation needs and integrates this analysis with neighborhood feedback to prepare a new design for this important corridor. Building on the broad goals of the SomerVision Comprehensive Plan and the work of the MIT Winter Hill/Magoun Square Neighborhood Plan (PDF here), we’ll work towards a design that will improve the safety and functionality of the corridor for all modes. The project runs along Broadway from and including the Route 28/McGrath Highway intersection to just east of Magoun Square. We look forward to realizing the full potential of this corridor as a dynamic and unique neighborhood artery, and using the SomervillebyDesign process to coordinate the improvement project with larger neighborhood planning efforts for the Winter Hill neighborhood.
- Meeting 1 Presentation April 16 2014 (PDF)
- Meeting 2 Presentation September 10 2014 (PDF)
- Meeting 3 Anticipated September!
Project Blog Posts